Registered Health Professional Agents of Change – Kaimahi Hau Ora Whakarerekētia
Hamilton Based High and Complex Needs Residential Rehabilitation
Permanent, Full-time (40 hours per week), rostered shifts
This residential service operates 24 hours, 7 days a week, Waikato District
E ngā mana, e ngā reo, Rangatira ma, tenei te panui ake I tenei Turanga, kua tu wātea mai hei kaimahi mo Ember Korowai Takitini.
“Ehara taku toa, I te toa takitahi engari I toa takitini” ‘My strength is not that of a single warrior but that of many.’
Sick of thinking back to when you were going to change the world?
Tired of spending more time on bureaucracy than creative ways of helping people?
Experienced practitioner looking for a chance to do real therapeutic work or newly graduated and wanting to figure out how to make the most impact?
Looking for a place where you can actually apply your training, specialty skills and whatever it is that makes you amazing?
Ko pai tēnēi mahi? Nau mai piki mai, haere mai! If the answer is yes, then this might be the job for you!
WHO WE ARE:
Ember – Korowai Takitini (https://ember.org.nz/), is an amazing organisation helping those in need to dream bigger and bulldoze the obstacles that stand in the way of them and their best life. We do this by thinking outside of the box, adopting the whole is better than the sum of its parts approach and by making sure we always live up to our principles and values.
We have 38 unique services spanning from Kaitaia to Taupo where we help people with mental distress, addictions and/or intellectual disability discover their path in life and to develop whatever skills and supports they need to travel it.
The most important part of this recipe are our staff. So, we make sure to take care of them with supervision, training and supportive management to make sure they become the best practitioners they can.
We are currently looking for registered members of the Occupational Therapy, Nursing, Dapaanz, Counseling, Psychology or Social Work professions to fill fulltime positions on a rotating roster and be part of something special.
WHO YOU ARE:
Ko ngā pukenga kia eke ai koe i tēnei tūranga. In addition to the paper qualification we’re looking for those with:
- Kia Kotahitanga tatou – he tangata, he tangata, he tangata. Client-centered, recovery-focused approach. You must unwaveringly believe in people’s ability to progress no matter the obstacles.
- Koinga te mahi whānau, hapu, Iwi i nga wā katoa – A zest for working with whānau, other agencies and people from all different cultures.
- He pukenga ōhou ki te whakahonohono tāngata me te whakawhitiwhiti korero rerekē. Balance between having the ability to make common sense decisions whilst also being able to think unconventionally and try new things.
- He ngakau harikoa me āronga hātekēhi. A great sense of humor and likes to be in a quirky environment.
- Kahahihiri tōu mahi ora, mahi pai. Dynamic, loves change, brings ideas, energy to drive positive changes within the sector.
- Me taunakitanga. A full Driver’s License and a Current Annual Practicing Certificate
- He tino pai koe e mahi ana Roro hiko. Know your way around a computer and preferably Microsoft programmes
- Mātauranga hau ora Hinengaro, kaupapa Māori me nga tauira hohou rongo. Knowledge of mental health rehabilitation approaches (e.g. cognitive remediation, psychosocial rehabilitation), experience working with co-occurring addictions and/or cognitive difficulties and knowledge of Māori health approaches would be greatly welcomed.
- Kanui te whākamana a Tangata Motuhake me Tangata Hiwaora. Lived experience of recovery would also be seen as a huge strength.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- In return we will offer you meaningful work, the freedom and flexibility to maintain a work-life balance and great workplace and people to work with.
- Varied training opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Potential opportunities for internal transfers, secondments and to quickly increase your responsibilities.
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme that includes flu vaccinations, health checks and access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
Want to ignite possibilities and work for an NGO at the forefront of mental health and addiction services? Then APPLY now– email your Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com before 12pm on Monday 28th June 2021.
For more Information about the job, please download the Job Description: here.or contact Ember HR on 09 523 2790.